We’ll help you design and create a ring that’s truly one-of-a-kind.
Malka Diamonds in Portland, Oregon is home to a state-of-the-art, custom jewelry workshop. As third-generation diamond experts, we are dedicated to the design and construction of custom engagement rings, wedding rings, and anniversary rings. Think of our team of exceptional craftsman jewelers as your personal ring designers. We’ll help you create a custom ring that is elegant, stylish, and truly unique.
See For Yourself!
Malka Diamonds is located in downtown Portland on SW 3rd Avenue. We're Open from 9AM - 5PM Monday through Friday and 10AM - 4PM on Saturdays.
Our staff of diamond experts and GIA Certified Gemologists are always available to help you design a custom ring you'll love!
You're welcome to stop by anytime!
Our master craftsman jewelers take pride in creating iconic, unique and unforgettable pieces that stand the test of time.
- Getting to know you - Before we show you a single diamond or band, we want to get to know you. We want to know what you’re imagining in your perfect ring. If you’re not sure, that’s OK! We’re always here to help.
- Starting the process - We’ll start with a discussion of your vision and will start to sketch out ideas for the design. We can also use computer design tools to help you visualize what the finished ring may look like.
- Choosing the perfect diamond - Next, we’ll help you find the perfect diamond for your custom ring. We’ll talk about the 4 C’s of diamonds (clarity, cut, color, and carat) and answer any questions you might have. Then we’ll show you a variety of diamonds and help you choose the right one for your custom ring design.
- Designing the setting - Our next step is designing a setting that will complement and enhance the diamond (or diamonds) you selected.
- Crafting the ring - Finally, our jewelers will painstakingly craft your custom ring using the design elements you selected. The end result will be a ring that’s truly one-of-a-kind.
Shop selection of modern designer rings Vatche, Zeghani, Jolie, and other world-class designers. From minimal settings to ornate designs, we know you’ll find a ring you love.
Malka Diamonds is home to one of Portland’s largest and most extensive collections of vintage engagement rings. Our selection is hand-curated and includes rings with timeless style, beauty, and elegance.
Josh & Lindsay
The Malka Diamonds Advantage
Unparalleled Experience & Genuine Service
When you walk into our store, we want you to feel like family. We’re excited to learn all about you and your partner. We want to hear about the ring of your dreams and then help you design it from scratch!
If this is the first time you’ve bought a diamond, we’ll make sure you leave feeling like an expert and confident in your purchase. Together we’ll talk about the 4 C’s of diamonds, what to look for in a ring, the perfect stone shape for your partner’s finger, and much more.
At Malka Diamonds, you’ll find:
- Third-generation diamond experts and native Oregonians
- Master craftsman jewelers who specialize in designing custom rings
- On-staff GIA certified gemologists
- Rings that always include appraisals, complimentary resizing, and lifetime care
AJ & Laura
Frequently Asked Questions
I’ve never bought a diamond before and I don’t know what I’m doing. Can you help?
Relax-- most of our customers are first-time diamond buyers. We believe that designing the perfect custom ring should be an experience you cherish. When you visit Malka Diamonds, you won’t have to worry or stress. Our diamond experts will teach you everything you need to know.
What is a GIA certified gemologist?
GIA is the Gemological Institute of America, nonprofit institute focusing on gemology education and research. To become a GIA certified gemologist requires 6 months of rigorous full-time study and hands-on training. It is the highest certification available. Many Portland jewelry stores do not employ any GIA certified gemologists.
Here at Malka Diamonds, we employ 2 GIA certified gemologists. With their advanced training and decades of experience, they’ll answer all of your questions.
Do I Need To Know My Partner’s Ring Size?
We’ve seen it all-- even men who tried to measure their partner’s finger while they slept! However, in our experience, any estimate just can’t compare to an accurate ring sizing by one of our experienced jewelers. We always encourage you and your partner to return for a final sizing after the proposal.
Do your rings include cleaning and maintenance?
Yes! Regular cleaning and maintenance not only improve a ring’s appearance, but its durability as well. We usually recommend a cleaning every 6 months. And if you ever notice a loose diamond or think your ring needs a quick repair, just stop by our Portland store. We’ll take care of it for no charge.
When I buy an engagement ring do you recommend an appraisal?
Not only do we recommend it (an appraisal is needed for insurance purposes) but we include an appraisal with your custom ring purchase. As certified GIA gemologists, we are happy to offer this service at no added cost to you. In fact, we don’t believe in adding on hidden costs or extra charges-- ever.